10 Weeks to Plan a Wedding – WEEK 8
Woo…what a week!! We pretty much finalized our wedding planning! Below you’ll find some good insights that I learned this week about all sorts of different ways to plan a wedding.
My cute friends threw me a bridal shower, we FINALLY finished all the wedding invitations – my sweet mom helped me stuff, stamp and send them all out, and we had our last meeting with our super creative florist Colleen from Flowers Squared We pretty much finalized everything! Happy day! Below you’ll find some good insights that I learned this week about all sorts of different wedding things. Make sure to check out the video and bullet point list below! Enjoy!
Floral Considerations – I learned a lot from Colleen today. Consider all of the places you may need flowers. Check out the below list:
- Bouquet – and toss bouquet if you want one
- Groom Boutonniere
- Family – sisters, brothers, moms, dads, grandparents, nieces and nephews, etc…
- Any other tables that may need decorations like your buffet table if you’re having one
“Come What May and Love It”
No matter what we do, something somehow is going to be inconvenient for someone. I hate thinking of that, but it’s true. We’re finding that out every which way we turn now. So what are we doing about it? Well, we’re trying to make sure the most important things are getting taken care of and we’re doing what we feel is right. We hope everyone feels comfortable and they enjoy their experiences with us. This is such a big exciting day and we just pray everyone can feel this as well because we know it will be hard for some people to make it out to some of the events – especially since it’s in the dead of winter. And some things might not be presented perfectly or we might forget something (we’re obviously trying not to forget anything, but in all reality, there is that possibility). We hope the weather is good. We hope all sorts of things for our 400+ guests we’re inviting…but honestly, amongst all of the unknowns and the inconveniences of some things for everyone involved, we have to hold on to the mentality of “come what may and love it”, as stated by one of the very wise past general authorities of the LDS Church, Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. We’re doing all we can to make this a memorable experience for us and everyone involved, but sometimes you just have to stop- realize things won’t be perfect, but as long your heart is in the right place, you’re trying your best to make this a good experience and you’re doing the most important things first (the truly most important things), how can you go wrong? It’s going to be amazing no matter what because Michael and I are getting married – nothing should take away from that excitement!
WEEK 8 –
- Friend Bridal Shower
- Started moving some things to Michael’s house so we don’t have to do a massive moving day so close to the wedding
- Convert Excel spreadsheet of addresses into labels using Word Mail Merge – This is a good tutorial on how to do this easily: YouTube
- Stuffed and sent invitations – there were a few little hiccups, but we finally got them sent out this week!!! Wooooo!! My cute mum and I stuffed them. It was a great time for her and I to just chat with one another. We don’t get that time very often so it was a lot of fun!
- Nails? what am I doing with my nails? I’m such a short nails, use my hands a lot, play in the dirt kind of girl. I love being that way, but I’m not certain how I want my nails to look for the big day…hm….any ideas?
- Massive Pinterest perusing and finally trying some of it out!
- Meeting with Colleen from Flowers Squared and pretty much finished our flower and decor planning- Michael was able to come too – mainly for support because he doesn’t really care too much about the flowers, but its sweet he came for me!
- Final payment to our wedding photographer
- Payment to our wedding videographer
For additional info and the video, go to http://www.templesquarehospitality.com/blogs/weddings/?p=1814